Recipe: Blueberry Muffins for Halloween
I was looking for a simple muffin recipe, that does not call for butter or too much sugar and came across the Quaker’s Best Oatmeal Muffins, original recipe available at Quaker Oats Website.
I reduced the amount of sugar to ¼ cup and added 1 cup of frozen blueberries.
When I added the frozen blueberries to the mixture, they started to defrost which contributed to the weird color of the muffin at the end. I found the look of the muffin to be appropriate for Halloween.
Happy Halloween !
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats (quick uncooked Quaker Oats)
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Heat oven to 400°F, rack middle position.
- Line twelve medium muffin cups with paper baking cups
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and blueberries.
- In small bowl, combine milk, oil, egg and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill muffin cups. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 18 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Copyright © MakeChef.com.