Recipe: Chinese Sticky Rice
- 2 Chinese Sausages
- 2 Shitake Mushrooms
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 chicken thighs
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 cups rice (jasmine rice), washed
- Soya sauce
- Marinate the chicken thighs with garlic and 2 tablespoons of soya sauce for about 30 minutes
- Cook the sausages and mushrooms in hot boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a wok, over medium high heat. Add the onion, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrot, potato, chopped Chinese sausages and mushrooms.
- Add the chicken thighs and 1 cup of water. Cook until the chicken thighs are done.
- Transfer the cooked chicken and the other cooked ingredients into the bowl of the rice cooker.
- Cover with the rice and add 4 ½ cups of water and 2 tablespoons of soya sauce. Switch on the rice cooker.
- This dish can be served with tomato chutney.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Copyright © MakeChef.com.