Recipe: No added sugar multicolored muffins
After the weird color incident with my Blueberry Muffins for Halloween, I decided to try the recipe again. This time, I was careful not to mix the blueberries into the batter. Instead, I added the blueberries on top of the batter that have been poured into the muffin cup and gently pushed the fruits into the mixture. No greenish grey color this time!
I also wanted to eliminate the added sugar from the recipe altogether. I added frozen strawberries instead and slightly changed the amount of oat to flour ratio.
And there I had my no sugar added multicolored muffin.
- 1 ½ cup oats (quick uncooked Quaker Oats)
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen strawberries cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 400°F, rack middle position.
- Line twelve medium muffin cups with paper baking cups
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats and baking powder.
- In small bowl, combine milk, oil, egg and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Add the strawberries and combine gently.
- Fill muffin cups. Add about 5-8 blueberries on the surface of each muffin cup and gently push them into the mixture.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 18 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Copyright © MakeChef.com.