Recipe: Tex Mex Pita Recipe
Summary: We love Tex Mex nachos but we wanted to substitute the nachos for pita which is less salty.
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped into small squares
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped into small squares
- 1/4 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos pepper, chopped
- 1 cup Kraft Tex Mex cheese
- 2 pita bread
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Place rack in the middle position.
- Cut each pita bread into 8 triangles and place them on a baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes or until crisp.
- Distribute the pita pieces in a ramekin or any shallow oven safe dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese, saving 2 tablespoons for topping, over the pita pieces.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 ⁰F, until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the dish from the oven.
- Add the remaining ingredients on top of the melted cheese and sprinkle the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Optional : serve with a cream cheese and sour cream sauce.
Copyright © MakeChef.com.