Here is a family dish that my mother would make every Sunday for lunch.
Feel free to ajust the seasoning and types of vegetables and meat to your taste.
You can also add shitake mushrooms to the dish.
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cup broccoli, cut in small pieces
- 1 spring onion, cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup celery stalk, cut in small pieces
- 1/4 big white onion, cut in pieces
- 1/2 lb pork, minced
- 1 cup shrimps
- 2 cups soya bean sprouts
- 1 package (14 oz) rice stick
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Soak the rice stick in hot boiling water until softened. The rice stick should be al dente.
- Add the soya bean sprouts to the rice stick while still hot.
- Add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in a wok or frying pan, over medium-high heat and add the beaten egg and scramble. Remove and set aside.
- Add another 2 tbsp of oil in the wok, add the shredded carrot and cook for 1 minute. Remove and set aside. Repeat for brocolli, onion, celery stalk and shrimps.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil in the wok, add the minced pork, freshly ground pepper and a pinch of salt. Cook until done. Remove and set aside.
- Add the scrambled eggs, vegetables, shrimps and pork to the cooked rice stick in the wok. Add the soy sauce and dark soy sauce. Mix well, sprinkle with spring onion and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Chinese
Copyright © MakeChef.com.