Ingredients for the filling
- ½ tsp whole cumin
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp curcuma
- 1 medium size onion
- 2 medium size potato, diced
Ingredients for the dough
- 2 cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp Canola oil
- ¾ cup warm water
- In a pan, over medium heat, fry the onion with the whole cumin.
- Add the potato and the rest of the spices.
- Add about 1 cup of water and cook until the potato is done.
- Set aside until filling is a room temperature
- In the meantime, make the samosa dough by mixing the flour, salt and oil together in a bowl.
- Slowly incorporate the warm water to the mixture until a soft dough is obtained.
- Let the dough rest for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, roll the dough until about 3mm thick.
- Cut circles of about 15cm diameter from the flat dough.
- Cut each circle in half.
- Form a cone with one half and add the filling into the cone and pinch the opening to seal.
- Shallow fry the samosa
Copyright © MakeChef.com.