Ingredients for filling:
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
Ingredients for pastry dough:
- 2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- In a pan on medium heat, add a little bit of vegetable oil and cook the onion and beef for about 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add salt, cumin, turmeric powder and chilli powder and stir until combined. Let the filling cool down.
- In the meantime, combine the ingredients for the pastry dough.
- Let the dough rest for one hour at room temperature.
- Form 24 small balls with the dough.
- Flatten each ball with a rolling pin.
- Add about one tbsp. of the filling in the centre of one disc and with your finger add a little bit of water around the edge of the disc.
- Cover with a second dough disc and with the help of a fork, seal the two discs together.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 for the remaining balls.
- In a frying pan, shallow fry the patties until golden brown.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Copyright © MakeChef.com.