Recipe: Crispy Pork Belly
- 3 lb pork belly
- Kosher salt as needed
Ingredients for marinade
- 1 tsp five-spice powder
- 2 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Rinse pork belly and pat very dry.
- Using a very sharp knife, score the skin as shown in the picture.
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade and add to a container large enough to hold the pork. Place the pork skin side up into the container.
- Wipe the skin with a paper towel to remove moisture and rub kosher salt into the skin.
- Leave the meat uncovered in the fridge overnight to dry out.
- Take the meat out of the fridge an hour before roasting to bring it to room temperature.
- Pat the skin dry with a paper towel.
- Set oven to broil, 500°F, rack in upper third position.
- Broil the pork for 30 minutes. Lower temperature to 400°F and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Allow the meat to rest before cutting. Crispy pork belly is delicious in pork buns.
Cooking time: 1 hour(s) 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Culinary tradition: Chinese
Copyright © MakeChef.com.