Recipe: Fish Curry
- 1 fish cut into 1 inch thick slices (you may use red snapper fish)
- 2 eggplants cut lengthwise into thin slices
- 4 fresh whole tomatoes, chopped
- 3 medium size onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp curry powder (see recipe for curry powder)
- Fresh coriander/cilantro for garnish
- Salt to taste
- In a heavy bottom pan over medium heat, fry the eggplants in some vegetable oil. Reserve.
- Fry the onions in some vegetable oil.
- Add the garlic, curry powder and tomatoes. Cook until a paste consistency.
- Add the fish to the sauce and add 2 cups of water. Cook until the fish is done.
- Add the eggplant and remove from heat.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve with rice.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Indian (Southern)
Copyright © MakeChef.com.