Ingredients for making Lumpia (Indonesian Nem): leek, spring roll sheets, bamboo shoots and shrimps
Steps for folding the sprint roll sheet with the filling
Spring roll sheet folded in an envelope
Lumpia roll folding done
Recipe: Lumpia or Indonesian Nem
- 1 pack of spring roll pastry (50 sheets)
- 4 leeks, white part, chopped
- 1 8oz can bamboo shoots, sliced
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups shrimps, cooked
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce (optional. If using, make sure to adjust the amount of salt accordingly so that the dish is not too salty)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a large pan, add the garlic and shrimps and stir fry over medium low heat, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the cooked chicken breast, leeks, bamboo shoots, salt, pepper and oyster sauce (if using) to the pan and cook until most of the moisture has evaporated from the pan.
- Add the shrimps to the mixture and mix well. Let the filling cool.
- Place one tablespoon of the cool filling on one sheet of spring roll pastry and fold as shown in the pictures.
- Heat some vegetable oil for frying to 375⁰F (medium high) and fry the nems for about 3 minutes at about 350⁰F, until golden.
Copyright © MakeChef.com.