Recipe: Pandan Chiffon Cake (Sponge Cake)
Pandan chiffon cake is a light and fluffy cake. It is very popular in Indonesia and Malaysia.
Ingredients for egg yolk mixture
- 8 egg yolks
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp Pandan Flavour Enhancer
Ingredients for egg white mixture
- 8 egg whites
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F, rack in middle position.
- To prepare the egg yolk mixture, beat egg yolks with sugar in a bowl until mixture is pale yellow and fluffy.
- Add flour, baking powder and coconut milk. Beat until combined.
- Add vegetable oil and Pandan extract and beat until combined.
- To prepare, the egg white mixture, beat egg white with sugar, cream of tartar and salt in the bowl of the stand mixer until firm peak is obtained.
- Gently, fold in half the egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture. Add the remaining egg white until combined.
- Cook at 350⁰F for 1h10 minutes
- Once the cake is cooked, invert the pan and let the cake cool down for at least 3 hours before unmoulding.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1h10
Number of servings (yield): 8
Copyright © MakeChef.com.