This is an adapted version of the America’s Test Kitchen Sandwich Bread. It is a simple recipe where the stand mixer and yeast do most of the work!
I substituted olive oil for butter and adjusted the amount of flour and salt. I like to toast a slice and enjoy it with strawberry jam as breakfast.
I hope you’ll enjoy it.
Recipe: Sandwich Bread Recipe
Summary: Sandwich Bread Recipe
- 1 cup whole milk, warm
- 1/3 cup water, warm
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups and 5 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, mix the milk, water and honey.
- To the bowl of the stand mixer, add 3 cups of flour, yeast and salt. Attach the dough hook and add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients. Knead on low speed.
- Add the remaining flour slowly to the dough, one tablespoon at a time, until the dough no longer sticks to the side of the bowl, and sticks slightly at the bottom of the bowl. Knead for 10 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the stand mixer and form the dough into a ball.
- Spray the dough and side of the bowl with olive oil and cover tightly with a plastic wrap and place in a warm place, until the dough doubles in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough and on lightly floured surface, flatten the dough.
- Roll the dough to form a cylinder and place it inside an oiled 9-inch loaf pan.
- Spray the surface of the dough with olive oil, cover with a plastic wrap and place in a warm place until the dough doubles in size, 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350⁰ F, rack in middle position.
- Bake, the dough for 40-50 minutes. Let the bread cool for about 2 hours on a wire rack before cutting.
Copyright © MakeChef.com.