This is one of our favorite weekend breakfasts. We did the pancakes this morning and adjusted the recipe a bit.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients with a whisk: sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the egg, milk, vanilla and melted butter.
- Slowly whisk the egg mixture into the dry ingredients. Set aside for 3 to 4 minutes for the batter to rise.
- In the meantime, preheat a nonstick skillet on medium-low heat.
- Add about 1/3 cup of the batter to the skillet.
- Cook until golden brown, about one and half minutes on each side.
- Serve with maple syrup.