Recipe: Snowball Dessert
I love coconut, especially dessert with coconut. Snowball is one of my favorite dessert because well, it has a coconut coating and the amount of sugar can be ajusted freely without any change in texture. The recipe is very simple and you can hardly go wrong.
It is however the kind of dessert that you either love or hate. Most people who dislike it do so because of the sticky and soft texture, typical of glutinous rice flour desserts.
As for me, I LOVE that texture. Hope you will like it too.
- 1 lb sweet potato, boiled and crushed into a puree
- 1 lb glutinous rice flour
- 1 ½ cup sugar (can be reduced to 3 tbsp for a less guilty indulgence)
- Shredded coconut for coating
- In a bowl, combine the glutinous rice flour to the sweet potato and sugar.
- Form the dough into about 1” diameter balls.
- Drop the balls into a pot of boiling water over medium high heat.
- The balls will sink to the bottom and then start to float. Once the balls begin to float, turn down the heat to a simmer and let the ball cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove the balls from the pot and coat with shredded coconut. This dessert can be served at room temperature or cold.
Number of servings (yield): 12
Copyright © MakeChef.com.