Recipe: Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread
- 2 cups water, warm
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- To the bowl of the stand mixer, add yeast, water, salt and 3 cups of flour. Attach the dough hook and knead on low speed.
- Add the remaining flour slowly to the dough, one tablespoon at a time, until the dough no longer sticks to the side of the bowl, and sticks slightly at the bottom of the bowl. Knead for 10 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the stand mixer and form the dough into a ball.
- Spray the dough and side of the bowl with olive oil and cover tightly with a plastic wrap and place in a warm place, until the dough doubles in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough and on lightly floured surface, flatten the dough.
- Roll the dough to form a cylinder and place it inside an oiled 9-inch loaf pan.
- Spray the surface of the dough with olive oil, cover with a plastic wrap and place in a warm place until the dough doubles in size, 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350⁰ F, rack in middle position.
- Bake, the dough for 40-50 minutes. Let the bread cool for about 2 hours on a wire rack before cutting.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 50 minute(s)
Copyright © MakeChef.com.