Recipe: Panko crusted chicken breasts
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 cups Panko
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the chicken breast in half along the width.
- Place the cutlets between two pieces of plastic wrap and gently pound the cutlets until about 1/8-inch thick.
- Place the flour in a bowl, beaten egg in a second bowl and panko, seasoned with salt and pepper, in a third bowl.
- Coat the cutlets with flour (using your fingers), then with the egg (using tongs) and finally with the panko (using your fingers). Save the remaining panko.
- Place the cutlets on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350⁰ F. Place rack in middle position.
- Preheat a nonstick pan and add some vegetable oil, about 2 tablespoons.
- In the meantime, coat the cutlets with the remaining panko. Cook the cutlets, about 5 minutes on each side, over medium low heat.
- Place the cutlets over a baking tray lined with parchment paper (you may also place the cutlets on a rack over a baking tray).
- Cook for 20 minutes.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Copyright © MakeChef.com.